A Summer trend that started in New York City has come to Australia and unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard about it! What happens when you freeze rosé, add some strawberries, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a bit of sugar? Frosé!
We have no doubt that Frosé will be a huge hit with Summer fast approaching, check out our recipe below and give it a go! Hint to save time… the rosé can be frozen in advance!
What you need:
- 750mL bottle of Rosé
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Pour the bottle of rosé into a baking tray and freeze until almost solid. Note: the rosé won’t completely freeze due to the alcohol. This step will take approximately 6-7 hours and can be done a few days before.
- Bring sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, cook and stir constantly until sugar dissolves, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add hulled and quartered strawberries and remove from heat. Let the pan sit for 30 minutes to infuse syrup with the strawberry flavour.
- Strain liquid through a small sieve into a small bowl, don’t press strawberries through.
- Cover and chill until cold, approximately 30 minutes.
- Scrape frozen rosé into a blender. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup strawberry syrup and 1 cup of crushed ice and blend until smooth.
- Transfer blender jar into freeze until rosé is thickened, approximately 30 minutes.
- Blend again until slushy, divide into glasses and enjoy!
This is the perfect addition to any Friday night work drinks or weekend afternoon when the weather is warm. Santé!
New to Marley Spoon? Click here to receive $35 off your first order. You can add a fruit box to your second order – perfect for additional frosé fruit flourishes!