The perfect dessert for a dinner party, and best served with some crunchy biscotti - Tub of vanilla bean ice-cream
- 1 cup freshly brewed strong espresso coffee
- ½ cup (125ml) Frangelico liqueur
Place generous scoops of ice-cream into individual serving glasses. Serve together with individual shot glasses of coffee and Frangelico. When ready to eat, pour coffee and liqueur over ice-cream. ## SCRUB
Coffee isnt only good for waking up your mind, it can also make for a fantastic skin scrub to get rid of dead skin and renew your skin cells! Ingredients: - 3 tablespoons coffee grounds (new, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon natural oil of your choice: Olive, grape seed, coconut, or almond
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Mix all dry ingredients, then add oil. Based on the kind of scrub consistency you want, add more or less brown sugar. Massage onto your face in gentle, circular motions, then rinse with warm water. ## MOCHA ICE BLOCKS
Some delicious treats as we move into spring and summer! Makes 8 ice blocks, depending on the size of your moulds. - 2 cups (500ml) extra-strong coffee or espresso
- 2/3 cup (160ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix the coffee with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Taste, and add a bit more milk or chocolate powder, if desired.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze until solid - approx. 8 hours
- To loosen the popsicle out of its mould, hold under warm water until it slides out.
THAI ICE COFFEE
A little sweet, a little spicy and totally delicious - 1 Cup strong coffee
- 2-4 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ Teaspoon cardamom
- Whole milk, heavy cream or half-and-half
- ¼ Teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- A dash of cinnamon and coriander
- Add sugar, vanilla and spices to the hot coffee. Taste for sweetness and add more if needed.
- Pour coffee into two or more sections of an ice cube tray and place in freezer. Place the remainder of the spiced coffee in the refrigerator.
- Once coffee has frozen and chilled, place the ice cubes in a tall glass and pour coffee over. To create a layered effect, float a spoon on top of the coffee and pour milk into spoon until it overflows to the desired level.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
Served gently chilled, impossibly creamy and adorned with a healthy heap of sweetened whipped cream imitating the velvety foam of a perfectly frothed Cappuccino. - 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup espresso
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan combine the cream and coffee and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Watch closely as cream boils over quickly and is a disaster to clean up speaking from experience.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch, salt and sugar. Whisk to remove any and all lumps.
- Once cream and coffee are simmering add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Boil gently for 1 minute. Pour hot pudding through a fine strainer to remove any little clumps.
- Pour into serving dishes then cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream:- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and whisk until medium peaks form. Chill until ready to serve.
Click here to order Marley Spoon for instant dinner inspiration!