Summer is well and truly the horizon, and what better way to get ready for the best time of the year than with a SUPERFOOD?!- Protein? Check!
- Fibre? Check!
- Antioxidants? Check!
- Yummy, bubbly and crunchy texture? Check!
Weve partnered with The Chia Co. to give all our members a pack of their amazing seeds this week, and weve also got some great ways to use these little balls of delight below. ### A Bit About The Chia Co.
The Chia Co. began in 2003 with the intention of making a positive impact on Australian health. And thats not even the best part: all Chia Co. seeds are grown in Australia! We are so in love with his vision of locally grown superfoods and making them approachable for every single one of you that we couldnt wait to tell you all about them. ### But How Do I Use Them..?
Whether its your first time experimenting with superfoods or youre after some inspiration, here are three we cooked up ourselves:### Spring Fruit With Sweet Dukkah
- 70g slivered almonds
- 40g hazelnuts
- 30g shredded coconut
- 20g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground cardamom
- 2½ tbsp brown sugar
- Greek style yoghurt & fresh spring fruit
- Place almonds and hazelnuts in a frypan and toast for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat
- Add coconut, sesame seeds, chia seeds, and spices and cook until all ingredients are golden
- Remove from heat and allow cooling
- Place cooled mixture and sugar in a food processor and process until chopped well
- Serve dukkah with a bowl of yoghurt and top it of with delicious spring fruit
Crunchy Apricot & Hazelnut Granola
- 300g rolled oats
- 120g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g shredded coconut
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 30g black Chia seeds
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ? cup honey, warmed
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 100g sultanas
- 100g dried apricots
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C
- Mix everything, except sultanas and apricots, in a large bowl
- Spoon mixture into a large baking tray lined with non-stick paper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the granola is golden and crunchy & stir from time to time
- Add sultanas and apricots and stir through granola
- Serve topped with your favourite fresh fruit and yoghurt and enjoy!
Chia Mixed Berries and Nuts
- ? cup white Chia seeds
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 100g strawberries, sliced
- 100g blueberries
- 100g raspberries
- 50g slivered almonds, toasted
- 50g pistachios
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 100g honey
- Place Chia seeds, milk and honey and into a large bowl
- Place in the fridge, cover and leave to soak for 3 4 hours
- Place the Chia mix into serving bowls
- Top with berries, nuts, yoghurt and drizzle with honey and enjoy!