We've gathered some recipes to fill up on in lieu of the lollie jar on Halloween!
Photo: @teningaard on Instagram.
Photo: @kazmett on Instagram.
If guacamole isn't your thing, theres yet another fruit that can terrify your guests: strawberries disguised as ghosts. What You'll Need: - 30 strawberries
- 1 Cup white chocolate
- 1 Tsp Copha
- Choc chips
Instructions: - Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- Rinse strawberries (do not remove leaves) and pat dry with a paper towel; set aside.
- Place white chocolate and Copha in a deep microwaveable bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute; stir until smooth. If chocolate is not yet melted, return to microwave and heat at 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Dip strawberries one at a time into melted chocolate and turn to coat.
- Place on wax paper. Make eyes by placing 2 mini chocolate chips, flat side down, into surface of strawberry.
- Make mouth by placing mini chocolate chip, pointy side down, below the eyes.
- Does your strawberry look like its screaming? Good. Repeat with remaining berries and chill until guests arrive.
Healthy Halloween BooNana Ghost PopsMakes 6 What You'll Need:
- 3 bananas
- 3/4 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 12 mini chocolate chips
- 6 wooden paddle pop sticks
Instructions: - Line a 9-inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half at a slight angle. Insert a paddle pop stick into the cut end of each banana and push it about halfway up.
- Put the yoghurt into a small bowl. Hold onto the pops by the popsicle sticks and roll each banana in the yogurt to coat the exterior. Let excess yoghurt drip back into the bowl (you can run your finger along the back of the bananas to remove the excess). Lay the pops in the baking pan.
- Push the pointy top of 2 chocolate chips into each banana to make the eyes of the ghosts.
- Put into the freezer to firm up, at least 3 hours.
- Remove pops from the freezer and use a knife to trim away any yogurt that pooled and froze along the sides of the bananas.
- Note: Once pops are frozen, store them in a resealable bag or covered container in the freezer.
Want to try Marley Spoon for more healthy dinner ideas? Order here with $35 off!