A polarising vegetable, these miniature cabbage buds are best enjoyed when fried, with the charred crispy leaves neutralising their natural bitterness. Ingredients2kg Brussels sprouts, cut in half 150g lentils 1 bunch of mint 1 bunch of parsley Salt Dressing2 tbls hot English mustard 100ml vincotto (substitute: aged balsamic) 200ml olive oil Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan on high heat
- Boil lentils in simmering water until tender
- Whisk together dressing ingredients
- Once oil is hot, cook brussels sprouts in small batches until golden and crispy
- Season with salt, add dressing, mint, parsley and lentils & mix!