After what felt like the longest winter in history, Spring is finally here! It really is like a new beginning - the sun is shining, the temperature is rising, and the promise of Summer is in the air. No doubt the gyms are busier right now as people try to get beach ready, because it’s time to brush the dust off our warm weather habits and kick back into gear!
It’s not just time to get fit, do a wardrobe cull and take some jumpers to Vinnies - the kitchen clean out is of the utmost importance too! Did you know 75% of people don’t clean their fridge regularly?! This means they’re most definitely avoiding the mess that builds up, not to mention the out-of-date food we all somehow manage to accumulate. Research actually shows that the average person is putting off an average of six chores at any time!
Here’s a fun game: imagine your fridge right now, and guess the oldest thing that’s in there that DEFINITELY shouldn’t be there anymore. If nothing comes to mind - congrats! But it is very likely that you’ve forgotten about the spring onions that are now liquified in the bottom of the crisper since that BBQ you had 6 weeks ago...we’re all guilty!
Today is the day to get your fridge muck-free, and vow to keep it that way. And by the way, Marley Spoon is proven to reduce your dinner food waste to zero...just saying ;)
Top Mess-Free Fridge Tips:
- Wipe up spills immediately! Don’t leave that orange juice to fester.
- Scrub down the inside of your refrigerator (including shelves and drawers) using a clean sponge and warm soapy water. Rinse with clean water, then dry with paper towels or a clean cloth. Avoid using cleaners that may pass on taste to food or cause damage to surfaces.
- For a deep clean - take everything out, including food, shelves and drawers, and clean the inside thoroughly. This gives you a chance to throw away the old foods and start fresh.
- Hot tip for cleaning large shelves and drawers - use the bath or your shower! Get right in there, it’ll be worth it.
- Don’t hold onto half-used curry pastes or pesto jars for too long. If you haven’t used them in 1-2 months, they’ll be covered in bacteria and taste “meh” anyway. Marley Spoon gives you exact measures for your dinners, so this is no longer an issue for us!
- Frequently clean the refrigerator handle. That is the part of the fridge that gets touched countless times a day.
- Get rid of any smells between cleanings by placing an opened box of baking soda in the back of the refrigerator. Change the box every three months.
WIN A Month Of Marley Spoon!
This month we are offering you the chance to WIN A FREE MONTH of Marley Spoon simply by Spring Cleaning YOUR Cooking Routine.
To enter 👉🏼
- Take a photo of your beautifully Spring Cleaned fridge
- Share on Instagram (in a story or post) and tag @marleyspoonau and #SpringCleanOctober
- Enter as many times as you like!
Winner announced 28th October, so get snapping!
T&Cs - Best entry wins and will be notified via direct message. Competition valid to Australian applicants in delivery zones only. (This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook).