Capsicums are an excellent source of vitamin C which makes them a great addition to your diet in summer when oranges are not in season. Here, we've filled them with a fluffy couscous mixture that's tossed with charred broccolini and shallot and finished it off with a drizzling of garlicky herb oil.
What You'll Need:
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 red capsicums
- 100g couscous
- 1 shallot
- 250g broccolini
- 50g parmesan
- 50g raisins
- 10g parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 20ml red wine vinegar
- Roast capsicum Preheat oven to 200C. Bring a kettle to the boil. Cut capsicum in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, stem and core. Rub all over with 2 tsp oil. Place capsicum cut-side up on a lined oven tray. Bake for 20 mins or until softened.
- Cook couscous Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water and stir to combine. Stand, covered, for 2-3 mins. Fluff up the grains with a fork.
- Cook broccolini Halve the shallot and thinly slice. Cut the broccolini into 1cm lengths. Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the shallot and broccolini for 5 mins or until softened and slightly charred.
- Finish couscous Grate the cheese. Stir the shallot and broccolini through the couscous along with the raisins and ? of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish capsicum Spoon the couscous mixture into the capsicum shells and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 mins or until the capsicums are soft and the filling is hot.
- Make herb oil Meanwhile, pick the parsley leaves (discard stems) and finely chop. Finely chop the garlic. Whisk 40ml (2 tbs) oil with the vinegar, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the capsicums drizzled with herb oil.